You are essential to the success of our Annual Campaign. Without you, we could not provide the critical funds needed in our fight to improve health, education, and financial stability.
What binds us together is the belief that each of us has a stake in the success of our fellow citizens. United, we can ensure our community thrives. Whether this is your first time as an Employee Campaign Coordinator (ECC) or you’re a seasoned veteran, we are here to help you have a successful campaign from start to finish.
On behalf of all of the people served in our community, we thank you for coordinating your 2021 workplace giving campaign.
2021 Workplace Campaign - Steps to Success
Step 1: Prepare
- Determine how you will hold your campaign - paper forms, ePledge, or a hybrid method.
- ePledge is a great way to simplify your campaign. It is especially helpful if you have employees in multiple sites or working remotely. Connect with our team to learn more.
- Virtually attend United Way's Campaign Training
- Set your campaign dates
- Assemble your Campaign Team
- Set your Campaign Goal
Step 2: Build a Communication Plan
- Browse the Resource Library (below) and determine which tools you will use
- Arrange a United Way Speaker (virtual or in person)
- Determine multiple ways you can reach your employees - email, Intranet, Yammer/Slack/Workplace postings, posters...
- Consider a Kickoff event or other special events
- Will you utilize any incentives or prizes?
- Go over your plan with your United Way staff member
Step 3: Execute Your Plan!
- Communicate with employees at least four times - on launch day, mid-campaign, a final push and of course - a Thank You.
- Provide live updates on Campaign progress and celebrate milestones
- Keep it short - 2 weeks or less is plenty for a majority of companies
- Contact United Way with any concerns or for assistance
We are currently updating resources for 2021. Thank you for your patience.
Key Campaign Tools
- Pledge Form - Printable (Coming Soon)
- Pillar Pledge Form - Printable (Coming Soon)
- Campaign Brochure
ePledge Setup - Employee Template Excel File
Campaign Video Library
From 30 seconds to eight minutes, we have all kinds of videos for you to share that will help promote the Campaign.
Reaching your employees virtually is easy when you use our content. The toolkit contains five email templates, two intranet posts, and a variety of images and video.
Workplace Campaign Engagement Toolkit - 2021 Update Coming Soon
All content that is on our blog is available for you to use in your campaign. If you would like to post this content directly on your intranet, please contact Mary for the files. We have additional imagery, videos and email templates to accompany these pieces of content.
Our Favorite Blog Posts:
- Join the Fight to Shift the Odds
- Living United to Improve Education in Champaign County
- 211 Innovations Improve Accessibility
- Help Families in Need Eat Healthy
- ALICE in Champaign County: A Research Report
Grab people's attention with these informational documents. The PDF format allows you to print or share via email attachment.
- Why the Community Impact Fund?
- What Your Dollar Buys
- Multilingual United Way Information - Spanish, French and Vietnamese (coming soon!)
Early Grade Level Success Information
Community Essentials Information
- "Changed My Life"
- Win - Education
- Win - Health
- Win - Financial Stability
- Fight - Addiction
- Fight - Housing
- Fight - Domestic Violence
- "Changed My Life" Spanish Language Poster
- Goal Thermometer
- Education 1
- Education 2
- Financial Stability
Campaign Management - Tips and Tools
- Employee Campaign Coordinator (ECC) Guide
- Simple "About United Way" Presentation (9 slides) (Coming Soon!)
- Unique Fundraising Ideas & Special Events - Over 100 great ideas!
- Building A Leadership Giving Program
- Digital Banners for intranet/email signatures (Coming Soon!)
Live United t-shirts, branded cups, and many other giveaway items available. Just ask your United Way staff!