Following a year of great unrest and strife, it’s critical that we take the time to learn with and from each other. Join thousands of your neighbors across Illinois for the United Way of Illinois Equity Challenge. We’ll learn about inequality and systemic racism in 21 weekly lessons.
The self-guided learning journey examines the history and impact of racism, and how it has shaped people’s lives. The experience will deepen understanding and help launch what we hope will be a lifelong commitment to improving equity and inclusion.
- 100% FREE to participate.
- Receive one email per week from Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Jan. 18, 2021, to Juneteenth on June 19, 2021.
- Spend approximately 15 minutes per week completing each challenge activity.
- Weekly topics include Understanding Privilege, Housing & Redlining, Justice System Inequities, among many others.
- Optional facilitated discussions to deepen understanding will be hosted throughout the Challenge.
- Participants who complete all of the weekly challenges will receive a certificate of completion, a digital badge, and links to tips and training tools to help continue the conversation.
We accepted the challenge. Will you?
Click here to sign up today.